Kevin R. Cox
Distinguished University Professor, Department of Geography, The Ohio State University
Further info about Kevin R. Cox
In December of 2013 I was in Los Angeles at a conference organized by the Regional Studies Association. I used it as an opportunity to rethink my ideas about local economic development policy, particularly the distinctiveness of the United States. A copy of the paper can be found here.
I have a new book out: Making Human Geography published by Guilford. You can read about it here, including a sample chapter. It will also be the subject of an Author Meets Critics session at the AAG meetings in Tampa in April. The discussants will be Gordon Clark, Linda McDowell, Denise Pumain and Dick Walker.
Classes & seminars taught
- Geography 450: Making of the Modern World
- Geography 608: South Africa: Society and Space
- Geography 5602: CONFLICT, POWER AND POLITICS IN THE CITY
- Geography 882: Development of Geographic Thought
- A seminar in historical geographical materialism
- A seminar on methods of research in human geography
- Lectures given at the University of Reims, May, 2008
Click here to go back to the Geography home-page